Ignatian prayer


An Ignatian
Prayer....

Lord, teach me to be
generous.
Teach me to serve you as you deserve,
to give and not to count
the cost,
to fight and not to heed the wounds,
to toil and not to seek
rest,
to labor and not to ask for reward,
save that of knowing that I do
your will.


Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Ode to my topsy turvy son

My boy doesn’t walk in a neat and tidy motion…
the level ground is not his friend.
A cloud under his soles is relentlessly conspiring
Between the mountaintop and its glen.


A boy who walks in straight even ways
May have a plan easy to discern.
But my boy, who prefers to swirl and rotate
In the air it seems is where he best learns.




One skinny leg jutting here, another one there
Higher and higher each time.
This topsy turvy boy is quick......wherever he’s going
But never in a straight and predictable line!







No comments:

Post a Comment