Ignatian prayer


An Ignatian
Prayer....

Lord, teach me to be
generous.
Teach me to serve you as you deserve,
to give and not to count
the cost,
to fight and not to heed the wounds,
to toil and not to seek
rest,
to labor and not to ask for reward,
save that of knowing that I do
your will.


Monday, October 10, 2011

A pause to reflect on what I have learned so far

 When I began as Director last year, I was warned by some people that I may lose my spirituality by taking on this role. The power to conform to "old ways of doing things" was overwhelming. I realized how difficult it is for some people to risk doing things in a new way. Throughout this past year, I have pondered these challenges and  I have found that I have grown in ways I would not have expected. I have not lost my spirituality; if anything, I have transformed in it, and continuing to relearn who I am and to trust where God is leading me.
This past year, I experienced how God has called me in a new way to the RCIA ministry and how he has allowed me the opportunity to live out my faith in a better way with fellow Christians. I have learned to listen more and to forgive more often.
I have been affirmed in how important liturgy is to my spiritual process, to keep me hopeful as I contemplate the Paschal mystery and to understand that our work is to be made public.
Other things that have been affirmed in me throughout the challenges of this past year:
  • Revelation is an invitation to have a relationship with God
  • Faith is our commitment to that invitation
  • We are called to be translators
  • We are called to share our faith
  • We must have patience
  • We must take care of our selves
  • We help people discover the holy and sacred in them.
    1. All of God’s creation is redeemed
    2. Find God in all things
  • We are not to smother Pentecost.
  • By coming off the mountain…means going into the communities.
  • We are all called to serve(deaconate)
  • Mystegoia-we are called to be a ministering church
  • The church model is circles-there was no master plan….Jesus laid the foundation to the church, but it was founded by the apostles. We are called to know and to respond to our communities' needs.
  • Enthusiastic-en theos….to be spirit filled. Our ministry should be spirit filled
  • Fear is not a gift of the Spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment