Ignatian prayer


An Ignatian
Prayer....

Lord, teach me to be
generous.
Teach me to serve you as you deserve,
to give and not to count
the cost,
to fight and not to heed the wounds,
to toil and not to seek
rest,
to labor and not to ask for reward,
save that of knowing that I do
your will.


Saturday, October 15, 2011

Reflecting on being a mom

I love this kid and am so thankful that God allows me the chance to be his mom.  What a gift...to be a mother to a little boy! It isn't always easy, but I would not trade my vocation for anything in the world!

“She has built something more
magnificent than any cathedral –
a dwelling for an immortal soul,
the tiny perfection of her baby’s body…
“The angels have not been blessed with such a grace.
They cannot share in God’s creative miracle to
bring new saints to Heaven. Only a human mother can.
Mothers are closer to God the Creator than any other creature;
God joins forces with mothers in performing this act of creation…
“What on God’s good earth is more glorious than this; to be a mother?”
by Cardinal Mindszenty

No comments:

Post a Comment