Ignatian prayer


An Ignatian
Prayer....

Lord, teach me to be
generous.
Teach me to serve you as you deserve,
to give and not to count
the cost,
to fight and not to heed the wounds,
to toil and not to seek
rest,
to labor and not to ask for reward,
save that of knowing that I do
your will.


Monday, November 28, 2011

To Be-Long




To Be.
True to my Self
At peace with my Heart
I Bless my struggle

A nod.
 To my limits
Embrace past failures
I Absorb and Become
I am.
True to my Past
Absorb the Now
I am healed, I be-long

We are such creatures of habit, for some of us, change threatens our sense of who we are.  As we grow, we must reflect, and we should have a point of reference to reflect from. My point of reference allows me the freedom to be who I am called to be.  My point of reference is Someone; He is my creator.  He has instilled in me a sense of longing to be loved by Him, he has placed in my heart a knowing that I am being called by Him. I realize that I long to love that Someone. His love heals and transforms who I am. Although I may not be worthy of such love, I yearn for such love. When I freely respond to that longing I know that I belong with Him.
I wrote this poem as I reflected on this sense of longing.



Photo by Zac Cayon 11-22-11

No comments:

Post a Comment