Ignatian prayer


An Ignatian
Prayer....

Lord, teach me to be
generous.
Teach me to serve you as you deserve,
to give and not to count
the cost,
to fight and not to heed the wounds,
to toil and not to seek
rest,
to labor and not to ask for reward,
save that of knowing that I do
your will.


Sunday, June 9, 2013

At His Side-an Ode to my Growing Boy


My growing boy;  tender moments such as

when he rests his head on my shoulder and

his smiling brown eyes  speaks directly to my soul.

 I relish  these moments when he is at my side.

Bedtime rituals; smoothing the waves of  covers

turns into an invitation to  speak our mind

his always open to senseless giggles and tickles

how I relish these moments of  being by his side.

Surprising me constantly as he steps boldly into wisdom

I notice that he is absorbing the world's lessons

Generously he wants to respond in love

How I wish to always  keep him at my side.

Deftly afternoons transform to evening shadows

He will transform into a young man soon

and  be called to taste sweetness found in yonder gardens

lured by scented roses who hide their ache  on their side.

For now I take comfort in our own secret garden

where his yearning for new horizons are just dreams we share

I pray that the innocent love that now shines from within him

will be God's warm love that he will always have at his side.

 

CCayon

June 9, 2013

2 comments:

  1. thank you! He is a joy to have as a son and I am blessed by God with allowing me to be his mom, even at my age! :)

    ReplyDelete